* * * C R E A T I V E ~ I N S P I R A T I O N ~ F O R ~ E V E R Y O N E * * *

A frest start and joey's weekly tangle challenge #178

 testing the waters - welcome to my new blog!

I know . . . this is a crazy amount of change at one time,
 but I felt it was time to just take the plunge!

As many of you know, Photobucket recently took control of some of my photos that were linked to my blogposts.  I felt that it was ridiculous to pay them $400US/yr to access my own photos, so I decided to start a new blog.

It has a new name and a slightly new format,
 but most of this new blog will be the same as madebyjoey.
 I appreciate your feedback and ideas
to make this blog even better!
There will be bugs to work out along the way,
(the font is acting a bit weird at the moment)
and a new challenge 'logo' to design,
but for now, let's try to get back to business
as best we can shall we? . . .

 ~ * ~

Joey's weekly tangle challenge #178:  
I hope that you find my tangle challenges fresh, stimulating and fun! Use the Link Up at the bottom of the post to share your work.

Note:  the link up never closes, so you can come back and link up to any challenge, at any time.
Click here to see all of my past challenges.


* * *

First I would like to say

WOW the past 6 weeks just flew by!

A HUGE thank you to my 6 guest challengers:

Susan, Trudi, Stephanie, Michele, Susie and Ilse.
I think everyone agrees that you all have great ideas!

I really appreciated the chance to rest my brain,
and to have the opportunity to try other creative pursuits like
Carla Sonheim's Kids Art Week!
{week 1, 2, 3&4}
I have also begun making some
"eco-Art" items for a Winter Art Show in December.

* * *

Today I have a new challenge theme for you that will only last 9 weeks (the alphabet was a long one!)
If that's too much of a commitment for you,
don't worry, the challenges are still fun without doing them all.

Ready?  Here we go . . .
You will need:
9 tiles
(any size or shape except circles . . . or
if you can make circles work, by all means go for it!)

~ Arrange your tiles 3 across by 3 down.
~ Draw a "border" around the entire square of tiles.
~ Now draw a large string inside the border that crosses every tile.


This will give you an idea of what I mean,
but you can draw yours any way you like.

While still in position flip each tile over and
number the top of each tile 1 through 9.

Each week I will give you a tangle that must be incorporated
somewhere into that week's tile.

Tile #1's tangle is


The design is up to you, you may
decide to have your tangles
flow from tile to tile or they may be more individual?
Black & white or colour?
Painted before or after?
Tiles or simply drawn in a sketchbook?
It all works! 

I really look forward to seeing each week's tile
and then how they come together at the end!
Glad to be back, have a great week and remember to subscribe so that you can find the new blog easily.
 
~ joey ~



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog Joey! You have me scared, I've never done anything like this before and I'm going to have to really think about this! Gosh I'm such a Winnie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations with your new blog, Joey! A fresh new start - and still so familiar :-) I'm looking foreward to continue participating in your challenges - even if it's is a bit different, like starting with 9 tiles at once ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I wouldn't pay that either! Here's to fresh starts and new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you set up a new blog, but so sorry that you had to. I really hope that you were able to transfer all your photos from the other site.

    This is an interesting challenge this week. I will be doing mine in a sketchbook, as I don't have any tiles, and I'm looking forward to the end result.

    JoyceB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Wow 6 weeks flew by so fast! I love the new blog and the fresh start 😉 and a very cool and very different challenge. Great timing as I just made a whole new set of ATC's 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Joey! I am glad you are up and running again on safer grounds with this new site (and not facebook!). Your new site looks great with the new banner image and I made sure I will not miss your weekly Finish My Tile announcements and deposited my email address with your new subscription listing. This new challenge with 9 tiles.....well, I have to go now and work on it. Till later....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new blog. It looks really great and I'm very excited about the nine week challenge. It will definitely be a real challenge! I've been following your blog for some time, but I've never posted. In fact, not having a URL, I cannot figure out how to post. If anyone could help me, I'd love to know.
    Anyway, best of luck with this new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could put the photo's of your tiles on Flickr or Pinterest and put the link to your work here. Then you don't need to have a blog of your own - but you will need to create an account at Flickr or Pinterest. Sounds harder than it is ;-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Ilse. I'm already on Pinterest, so I'll try your suggestion.

      Delete
  8. Congratulation on your new blog from me too. It looks really great and fresh. I like the idea of the new challenge with 9 tiles and looking forward of the result.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And thank YOU for having me on your blog.
    $400 a year is ridiculous. I'm glad you moved. And this challenge sounds lovely. I'm going to have fun with it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations for this new lovely site. I wish you succes and I'm fond of this very original and interesting challenge that I will certainly enjoy. Thank you Joey for all your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for that beautiful challenge ...I've had an inspiring evening with preparation of the nine tiles and drawing the first one. I am looking forward to the next week! Can't wait to continue 😄
    Ande congratulations to your new website- I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone for all of your encouraging comments! I have visited each of you and left comments for those that I can. I do not have an Instagram account and Wordpress won't let me log in so I'm sorry that I can't leave those of you comments. I am very excited about this challenge and am pleased to welcome a few new participants!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whow! I love this idea! So exciting! Can´t wait till your next announcement! You made a good job on this new page too by the way! Congratulations to your new place on the web!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Joey, Hi. I'm in 2019 and looking at a post from 2017. The 9 Tile Challenge. Are you still around? Best Wishes, Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving my readers and I kind comments. . .